Tuesday, March 29, 2011

DIY Spice Jar

I was scrolling through a bunch of DIY websites and mommy blogs the other day and came across a mom who made a bunch of spice jars for her daughters play kitchen. This mom bought cute little jars and printed cute little labels and filled each jar with beads that matched the color of the spice. Well, I knew I could do something just as cute and special for Natalie all while helping the environment. Yep, I was going to make "green" spice jars.

While we were at the fabric store buying the headboard fabric, I picked up some little fake pearls that would act as the "spice" in the jars. Next was to figure out what jars to use, which is when the green idea hit me. Whenever I use the last of a specific spice in my spice cupboard I put it to the side of the cupboard to remind myself to buy another bottle of it. I took these empty spice jars, filled them with some fake pearls and then used my hot glue gun to glue them shut.

Align Left

We now have fake Cloves, Garlic Powder, Cinnamon, Oregano, and Cinnamon Sticks in our play kitchen. And I have enough pearls left over for a few more bottles once we use up the existing real spice.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea!! I'll have to remember that if I ever get a girl.

    ReplyDelete