Thursday, August 20, 2009

Food, Farm, Concert Fun

Tuesday night I whipped up a tasty dinner using gifts from my garden and a few gifts from the store. Behold, pasta with fresh tomatoes, zucchini, carrots, onion, & garlic. And, for added flavor, fresh basil, parsley and oregano!
Phil thought it was strange I didn't add any meat, but really...it didn't need it.

Wednesday afternoon, Natalie traveled to Wheeler Farm to see the animals and spend the day outside. She loved seeing the animals - especially the cows and pigs. She has a "farm animal friend" book that makes noises when you push on the animals. Well, when the cow says "Moo" Natalie moo's along with the book. So, when she saw the cow in real life she was very excited.
I love how she leans forward in the stroller to see things

Wednesday night we traveled to Deer Valley to enjoy a free concert. My brother was playing with his band and we couldn't miss the show. Natalie enjoyed every minute of the concert, all the people, the endless supply of fruit to munch on and family to hold her. She started to bounce up and down and kick her legs to the music...which everyone thought was "so cute".
Plus, I was able to use my picnic basket again. We had little roast beef and pastrami sandwiches, garden tomatoes and mozzarella cheese in balsamic vinaigrette, feta cheese with olive oil and oregano, farm fresh peaches, blueberries and apples and wine! Yum

1 comment:

  1. You take such great pictures! I love the pictures of Natalie at Wheeler Farm...leaning forward in the stroller is sooooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete