Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It’s in the stars…

I have always believed that who you are and how you act is somewhat determined by your star sign. I’m a Libra and true to form, I like balance, I avoid conflict (most of the time), It’s hard for me to make decisions; the list could go on and on. When I found out I was pregnant I started doing research on Scorpios, I needed to know what to expect from my baby. I bought Zodiac Baby, An Astrological Guide to Your Little Star, to help me understand the difference between the signs.

Here are a few things the book claims about the Scorpio baby:
- Loves things and hates things
o Natalie loves her mom and dad – but hates the bottle with a passion!
- Doesn’t like being ignored
o Natalie knows when we aren’t looking at her and starts to squawk to get attention.
- When they want to sleep good luck waking them up
o Natalie fell asleep on top of the island in our kitchen, while we were fixing dinner
- When it comes to eating, she will be clear about what she likes and dislikes
o Hello! Hates the bottle
- Her will power is strong, the more you push, the more she’ll resist.
o I’m in for a long and exciting ride!

Lucky for me, my mom has her own little Scorpio, Uncle Philip, so she has been able to give me some tips. Philip was always a “ladies man” and the girls he used to date would get upset when other girls would talk to him so my mom told him the following story (intended to be told to all the girls who used to hang around). I think it really sums up how to deal with a Scorpio.

There was a little Indian boy walking along a trail when he came to a river blocking his path. As he started to walk into the river he was stopped by a scorpion begging to be carried across the river. The Indian boy told the scorpion that he couldn’t carry him because scorpions had stingers and he didn’t want to get stung. The scorpion told the Indian boy that if he carried him to the other side, he wouldn’t sting him; so, the Indian boy picked up the scorpion and carried him across the river. Just as they were getting to the other side, the scorpion stung the boy and he flung him to the river bank. The Indian boy cried out in pain, “Scorpion, you promised you wouldn’t sting me, why did you?” to which the scorpion replied, “You knew what I was when you picked me up”.

I guess I knew what I was getting when I picked Natalie up, and boy I’m glad I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment