Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fixing it up

We have been busy around here, namely Phil has been busy around here. First project was to install a new ceiling fan in Philip's room, which took a few days longer than expected due to unforeseen a chipped ceiling, an old very rusted light fixture brace and Natalie REALLY wanting to be involved in the process. But, after all of those impediments, Phil got it set up and it is great. Provides something for Philip to look at, air circulation in the room and doesn't look half bad!

Second project was to install Natalie's new bedroom tent. We bought her a cute over bed mosquito net contraption thing at Ikea a few weeks ago and finally decided to hang it up. She loved it and although we need to move the puffs I put up when she was still in her crib, it is pretty cute! Once I get a chance to paint her bed white, it will be even better!

Last project was to plant our garden. It has finally been somewhat warm enough that we decided to plant all our fruits and veggies last weekend. We planted tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, peppers, a few different squashes, strawberries, basil, and rosemary. I also re-potted my thyme plant because it had grown so much since last year that it needed more space. This weekend, I'm hoping that it is warm enough to plant some flowers. I have a bunch of pots that are begging for pretty flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment