Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Spirit

Over the past week and a half, I've been spending way too much time making crafty presents, shopping for presents, wrapping them and trying to spread Christmas cheer to everyone.  Well, Christmas cheer smacked me in the face yesterday.  I was reminded that it doesn't have anything to do with presents you buy - it is the joy they bring.  It isn't the stuff you make, it is the love you give away to the recipient.  It isn't the wrapping, but the light in the eyes of someone who sees you care.

I've spent a lot of money and time on gifts and really, it is the simple act of washing the dishes, or taking someone to a movie, hanging Christmas lights for your sister who can't or investing in your brother when he needs it.  Don't get me wrong, I love creating gifts, I love shopping and I know that I couldn't tell Natalie that Santa didn't bring gifts because love is all we need and he knew that spending time together is really what Christmas is about.  But, honestly, it is.  So, while I'll continue to wrap, buy and make in these last few days before Christmas, I'll also try and remember what this time of year is all about and enjoy more of the excitement and joy that comes along with the wrapping, buying and making.

Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment