Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bottle...my love

Remember this post? Well, Natalie never did take a baby bottle. Clearly she is a girl who knows what she likes and won't accept an imitation; which bodes well for us in the future. (Can you hear the sarcasm?)

Well, enter our new nanny, Erica. She is wonderful, by the way, and we wish we would have found her months and months ago...so anyway, back to the bottle issue. At a recent trip to the zoo, Erica had a bottle of water, the Arrowhead grip and flip bottle to be exact. Well, my mom, who was at the zoo with Natalie and Erica, without thinking too the bottle and gave Natalie a drink. To the shock of everyone - Natalie sucked out water. Did you hear me? She sucked on the bottle like it was a bottle.

You don't know how happy this makes me. Finally, at 10 months old, Natalie has decided to get her fluids from something other than a boob. Rejoice! She drinks water from these bottles and MILK! I've decided that I'll naturally wean Natalie; which I assume will "naturally" happen by the beginning of the new year. With this water bottle on board, I can see the end in sight and I have mixed feelings about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment