Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Week in review

Events of the past week:

- First baseball game with baby, success!

- First dinner out, without baby, success!

- First non-family, non-nanny babysitter, sort-of success!

- Second trip to Target for photos, kinda-a-success!

- Second trip to IKEA for Natalie and Phil, success!


Thursday night, we attended a baseball game with the SSA (it is the spouses association I belong to for Phil’s work). It was FUN! Beer, Brats, Baseball, Baby – what more do you want in an evening? Natalie had a blast and held out until the sixth inning.

I know this looks like she is tring to start a fight, but really it is her new smile.
Her face just gets all scrunchy

Friday night Phil and I were fortunate enough to score a babysitter, a fellow spouse from the association, Ann. She agreed to watch Natalie so Phil and I could go to dinner. We dropped Natalie off at the soccer field, where Ann was watching her younger daughter play. Natalie did “pretty well” in the words of Ann. I think she was over-tired when we dropped her off and probably missed her mama, but who knows? She had only started to sob as we pulled up. I think we will go out again and it should get easier, right? True to form, we talked about Natalie through almost all of the dinner.
This is Natalie playing once we got home from the dinner-date/babysitting adventure

Saturday we traveled to IKEA! It is one of my most favorite stores and I think, in addition to over-filling my house with useless junk, I could go bankrupt if I bought everything I wanted.

Natalie has figured out how to crawl over to furniture, pull her self up and coast – which is not so great for our basement and the current entertainment center we have. We have been thinking about buying a new entertainment center and found one at Pottery Barn, which was great; but was also $1400! While browsing at IKEA, we found one we really liked and it was a steal – only $300. We also bought a mirror for the dinning area wall, for $99, another steal. My dad and Phil hung the mirror and it looks great, although it is a little off-center. Phil has the entertainment center put together, we just have to move it into place and position some shelves. I’ll post the completed photos soon.
This is the first photo - as a tease

Sunday we made and appointment to get some photos taken at Target. I bought Natalie a fancy dress and what better excuse to wear it? She was a little tired and didn’t want to sit still and smile, she wanted to crawl all over the studio. We were able to get a few cute photos, which I’ll post when we get them.

Busy times at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment