Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'll take "the rapist" for $100 Alex

Have you seen the Saturday Night Live sketches with Will Ferrell playing Alex Trebek and Darrell Hammond playing Sean Connery? It is hilarious every time I watch it - the jist is Sean Connery is on "Celebrity Jeopardy" and hates Alex Trebek. He says things like, "I slept with your mother last night, Trebek", only with this crazy Sean Connery accent. It cracks me up every time. One sketch features a category of "Therapist" and Sean Connery says to Trebek, "I'll take 'The Rapist' for $100"...hilarious with a capital H.

Any who...back to the point of this post.

One of my dear friends, Liz, just landed her first "real" therapist job. I wonder if in her head, when she accepted the job, she said, "I'll take 'the rapist' job" he he...childish humor - I love it.

Congratulations Liz!

Sidebar - I'm so glad she got this job, because it made it possible for me to write the post, which reminded me about the wonderful sketch. I'll be laughing for the rest of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What an honor to be the subject of a blog post! And, yes, I hear Darrell Hammond's Sean Connery voice in my head all the time. That is the funniest sketch!!! I don't know if this line is in the same sketch or one of the other ones, but my other favorite is Drew Barrymore playing Calista Flockhart. "The pen was too heavy". I think of that anytime I see Calista Flockhart, or see someone super skinny.

    Thanks for the blog love! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently when Will Farrell hosted and they did this sketch. The category was "Cartch These Men" and Connery took "Catch the Semen" for 200. He proceeded to ask Trebek if that's what the moustache was for! Freakin hilarious.

    ReplyDelete