Tuesday, May 19, 2009

2-foot-2 and Eyes of Blue

Looks like Phil will be gone for the remainder of this week, and most of the weekend, but hopefully not much longer (yea!). Here is a recap of what we have been up to over the past few days…

We have been spending (a lot of) time with Grandma and Grandpa. My old home has turned into my second home while Phil has been away. It makes life so easy having my parents close by, they are such a big help with Natalie and are always happy to see us and feed us dinner.

Auntie Laura graduated from the University of Utah (she is so smart!) We cheered and hugged and smiled. We are so proud of her.

Natalie and I celebrated Mother’s day by sleeping in and doing some light shopping with my mom. At night we went to Aunt Linda’s house for dinner, which was super tasty.

We made a quick trip to see my friend Melinda and her new baby boy, Kai. It was fun catching up! Natalie also had a good time:

Last Wednesday, Natalie had her 6 month (!) check-up. She weighed in at 15 pounds 1 ounce, 30th percentile and she is “2 foot 2”, 46th percentile for length. She is a little string bean! She also got two shots…boo hoo. She still has a bruise on her leg from the mean nurse. She also had a dropper of something, which she actually swallowed until the nurse gave her too much right at the end, which made her throw up all over my leg. Thanks Nurse!

After the check-up, Grandma watched Natalie for a little while so I could finish up some work. Grandma had a great time hiding Natalie in with the dolls.

Friday morning, Uncle Philip graduated from Law School. This was an exciting event. Natalie did very well during the ceremony, until the end when Philip came across the stage and I cheered and scared Natalie….she cried and cried. Poor thing, it broke my heart! She recovered nicely and was happy when we left.

We went to a BBQ that night and she loved being the star – everyone commented on how cute she is!


(this is after the BBQ, she is wearing her Newfoundland shirt)

Saturday morning Natalie and I slept in, which we both needed! I went to a Jobie meeting that night and Grandma and Grandpa babysat. Sunday, Natalie, Grandma and I ran a bunch of errands. Natalie slept at some of the stores, but then wouldn’t take a nap once we got back to Grandmas house – which meant that her tired mommy couldn’t take a nap either…I’m still trying to recover. Natalie didn’t mind not having a nap, and in an effort to get her to go to sleep we took her for a walk around the neighborhood.


The doctor recommended that we start having her wear sunglasses – which she seems to like. Auntie Ashley also sent her a new “outdoors” hat, which is so cute.

Yesterday our nanny was sick, which meant I got to work from home in the afternoon. Which was nice – I spent some time with Natalie and then when Grandma was done golfing she took Natalie to her house. I was able to sort mail, do three loads of laundry and I actually vacuumed the basement. We had dinner at Grandma and Grandpas house last night, so tasty! Then home for a shower and bed.

Tonight our friend Liz might stop by, I’m hoping to see Loulu soon, and Trina might stop by on Thursday! Another busy week…hopefully it will keep my mind off Phil not being home, maybe. I’m also hoping our nanny will stay late one day this week, which will allow me to finish the vacuuming!

Until next time…

1 comment:

  1. Seriously...you are a great blogger (and not just because you included your visit to my house). I LOVE the doll picture, that is so hilarious...Natalie does look like a little doll. We just got our stroller, so we should take Natalie and Kai to the park for a walk! So great to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete