Friday, July 29, 2011

Down South

A few weekends ago we went to my parents house in Southern Utah again. This time, rather that having us all drive down, Philip and I flew down and Phil, Natalie and Godfather drove down. The flight was super quick. Basically you take off, are in the air for about 30-45 minutes and then land. And Philip was a perfect airplane baby. He fell asleep as we took off and slept the whole way down and woke up while we were landing. While we were getting off the plane, the person sitting in front of us said, "Wow, I didn't know you had a baby, he didn't make any noise."

The only downside to flying down is the airport is about a 30 minute drive from my parents house. The upside, was that Philip fell asleep in the car and didn't cry! Score!

Phil, Natalie and Godfather got to the house shortly after Philip and I did and we started our vacation. Phil went golfing every morning we were down there, we spent some time at a friends pool and a lot of time just being together and trying to relax. While down there, we held a small get-together for my parents 40th wedding anniversary. We made fondue and other appetizers and enjoyed time with friends. The morning of their anniversary we made breakfast then packed up to leave. It was a nice way to spend a weekend. Unfortunately, my camera didn't make the trek down, but my mom captured a few shots with hers!


Natalie in the backyard pool

Sister and Brother

Cheese

LP - such a sweet boy

No comments:

Post a Comment