Monday, October 25, 2010

Last (work) Trip of the Year

At least that is the plan today.

I'm in Washington DC tonight, heading home tomorrow - another quick one-night adventure. We got to town around 4:00, to the hotel by 4:30, work out from 5:00 to 6:00, dinner at 7:00. We are on the club floor - which I thought was a fancy way of saying "ground level", but actually means the floor with the "club", or room with snacks in the evening and breakfast at night.

We decided to skip room service and went to the Jamieson Grille, which is the hotel restaurant, but the only decent place to eat within a 10 mile radius (according to Google maps). It was pretty tasty. I had mussels and a chopped salad and a glass of red wine. The three sips of the red wine were VERY good and exactly what I needed (truth, I needed about three glasses, but beggars can't be choosers). I'm now back in the room, getting ready for bed and hoping I sleep...

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment