So, I'll make this recap as quick as possible by using photos and bullet points:
- Our nanny is leaving, so we have spent our holiday break looking for a replacement
- We decorated the house for the holidays, it looks festive, but in actuality, I wasn't in the spirit until Christmas eve
- My wonderful friend, Ashley, was in town for the week leading up to Christmas. It was good to see and spend time with her and her family
- Natalie had three holiday dresses, so her celebration began the day before Christmas eve when she wore the first one. The best part - for all three, I only paid a total of about $35.
- We scaled back this year. We got old toys from my mother, which Natalie loves, and bought her a rocking horse which was a big hit! Everyone else got smaller gifts too...no need to spend money when we have so much to be grateful for already.
- I still have presents to hand out to friends I haven't seen
- We are excited to ring in the new year and are looking forward to the changes it will bring
Starting to open gifts
playing with the tupperware drawer on Christmas morning ~
this is the first time she actually climbed in
Christmas hat from Auntie Laura
Red holiday sweater
Tonight we are thinking about braving the cold temperatures to go to 3ve (a three-day new years eve celebration). God Father is playing with Rattle and Hum and because Natalie loves music, we think it is only right to let her ring in the New Year with dancing.
Happy New Year to you and yours. May 2010 bring good health and happiness to your life.