Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Showering a friend with love

I'm throwing a bridal shower for one of my best friends, Julie, who is getting married in September. The shower is scheduled for later this month, so I've been busy planning the decor (in my head) and jotting down ideas for what food I want to serve. Still to be determined is the finalized menu and drinks - I'm thinking a watermelon margarita, but have to do a few trial runs on making them...yum!

One of the hardest parts of the shower was finding the perfect invitation. I had ideas in mind, but after visiting a local scrapbook store and describing my idea to the owner, I was told that I would need to be very crafty to pull that off. Well, scratch that idea - because I didn't have time to become very crafty :) Enter a last minute trip to Michael's craft store to search for something, anything, that would work for the invite. I found the perfect (in my mind) invitations.

The idea for the theme is "Feathering the nest of the love birds" These invites were the perfect color and I was able to put a little insert into the envelope with the theme...perfect.

Well, the process of putting everything together took a lot longer than expected. First was the loss of Internet, which I needed so I could download the template for printing; Second was the loss of my special scissors, which I needed to cut the cute inserts...but i digress - everything came together and with the help of my brother, mom and Phil the invites got into the mail on time! Now I just want everyone who we invited to come and celebrate Julie!

Getting everything cut & ready to put together

Invite

All together with the "love bird" card

No comments:

Post a Comment